World Peace Trails
Welcome to World Peace Trails! We are happy that you are visiting us.
This is a site where you can find amazing and beautiful Places of Peace around the world. Each site is committed to expanding experiences of Peace, marking their site with a Peace Pole, peace garden or peace statue, and perhaps implementing peace education programs, art, dance, music and community peace dialogue as well.
Peace Trails are connections between these Places of Peace – perhaps five locations are in this area, forming one trail; thirteen locations in another area, forming a second trail; nine locations in that area, forming a third trail. Our goal is to create an extensive web of Peace Trails around the world – bringing concepts and practices of Peace to the forefront of local community and global travel experiences.
World Peace Trails is an online community of peace builders and their Places of Peace. Do you have a peace garden, Peace Pole, peace statue, school vegetable garden, labyrinth, or more to share? We invite you to join us and list your beautiful Place of Peace with us, connecting and creating World Peace Trails for all to enjoy! Go to #OptForPeace to add your Place of Peace to the World Peace Trails map!
Besides your listings, other Places of Peace listed at World Peace Trails are places with which we have collaborated or helped to create through our company, Tourism For Peace – from our zoological garden and nature park clients, our peace eco-tours, peace service projects, and the collection of places of peace in Atlanta Georgia, designated as Atlanta Peace Trails. Many of these places have planted a Peace Pole, or put in a peace garden, or exhibit a peace art structure or statue. We honor all of them as Places of Peace!
For search purposes, World Peace Trails are divided into a few categories – explained here:
- Aquariums, Zoos, and Nature Centers – The natural world is such a peaceful place! Here you will find all the aquariums, zoos, and nature centers that have committed to being a Place of Peace.
- Parks – Parks and public places show us that we are one with the Earth and all life. Here you will find the public parks that are Places of Peace.
- Schools – Children are the future! Here you can find schools and universities that are Places of Peace.
- Businesses – A business can help move peace forward. Make your business be known as a Places of Peace.
- Community – Artificial boundaries are an impediment to peace. The community – civic organizations, police and fire stations, even your next-door neighbor – contributes to making peace last.
- Cities – Is a city a Place of Peace? You bet it is! Cities show us that when we all come together, great things can happen. Here you can find all the cities that are dedicated to creating Peace Trails.
- Lucy’s Trail – Lucy’s Trail, based on the “Lucy” books by Dr. Gail Lash, highlights and features Peace Trails that are created by Lucy on her wondrous and magical journeys. Get a sneak preview of these nine adventure-fantasy stories! More info coming soon!
Locate places near you, and visit these amazing organizations, natural sites, and tourist attractions for your next dose of Peace!